Women’s Backcountry Ski Camp in Patagonia Argentina Hosted by Jess McMillan
The stoke is high at this top rated women’s backcountry ski camp. Take your backcountry game to the next level with former olympian, and world’s most winning freestyle skier, Jess McMillan. Ranked at one of ‘The Best Ski Camps for Women’ by Teton Gravity Research and ‘Top Summer Ski Camp’ by Warren Miller Entertainment, this exclusive women’s ski touring week in Patagonia, Argentina is guaranteed to unleash your inner badass. Discover the expansive world of backcountry ski touring with a focus on improving (or learning) backcountry skills and mountain safety. With daily backcountry ski touring and freeride clinics lead by pro skier Jess McMillan and a certified PowderQuest ski guide—Patagonia is the perfect place to up your skinning and downhill game. All with a 0% chance of mansplaining on the slopes. Our home for the week is in the beautiful backcountry ski lodge of Baguales Argentina. One of the most stunning estancias outside of Bariloche. This exclusive women’s focused ski camp all started thanks to Ingrid Backstrom in 2012. Jess McMillan took over in 2016 when Ingrid started her family.
Airport: Bariloche, Argentina (BRC)
Pick-up Location: Bariloche airport
Pick-up Time: 3:00pm meet guides
Airport: Bariloche (BRC)
Drop-off Location: Bariloche Airport
Drop-off Time: 12:00pm
- Fly into Bariloche, Argentina by 3:00pm
- Meet PowderQuest ski guides and group
- 1 hr drive through stunning Patagonia
- Check into Baguales Lodge
- Group introduction and mountain safety briefing
- Group dinner with local red wine
- Group breakfast at hotel
- Explore vast backcountry terrain of Patagonia Argentina
- Ski touring, learn new backcountry tips, skills and more with Jess McMillan and PowderQuest ACMG ski guide
- Apres ski, Patagonia style with local wines and beer
- Enjoy relaxing around the lodges open fireplace and taking in the beautiful Patagonia sunsets
- Group dinner
- Farewell group breakfast at lodge
- Pack up and check out
- Transportation to Bariloche or Bariloche airport
- Afternoon and evening return flights
- Extend your trip? No problemo. Check-out suggestions in the “FAQs” below!
Is This Trip For Me?
Advanced female skiers, this trip is for you. Whether you’re here to improve your backcountry chops, or try “uphill skiing” for the first time—you will find your edge and push it. Explore backcountry skiing and sharpen your technique at our freeride clinics led by pro skier Jess McMillan.
Make sure our Backcountry tours are for you via the Trip Finder Quiz
- full-time ski coach, professional skier, Jess McMillian
- full-time, certified, bilingual guides with expert local knowledge
- private ground transportation
- avalanche and mountain safety introduction
- freeride clinics
- backcountry touring and downhill coaching
- daily breakfast
- backcountry lunches
- delicious homemade dinners
- Argentina red wine
- travel protection insurance
The "Big Room"
Located at the base of the backcountry reserve, this is the ideal ski-in/ski tour-out Patagonia lodge. The cozy, wood stove heated Big Room features 8 beds with down comforters and 2 baths with hot showers. The lodge features a large central fireplace and breathtaking views of the Patagonia wilderness.
Twin share room
Based in the same lodge as the Big Room, we have a few comfortable ensuite, twin bed shared rooms with private bath available as an upgrade. 2 guest per room. Limited availability. Due to limited space, currently no single rooms are available.
Book Trip Now
A once in a lifetime experience. Level up with one of the world’s best skiers at your side. Because if you don’t do it now, you’ll just be a year older when you do.
Pricing Details at a Glance: (in USD)
- $4,399 per person in “big room”
- More Privacy Please: Ask about our limited number of twin share, private bath rooms available for a $800 upgrade
- Payment: A $600 deposit is required at time of reservation. Final payments 90 days before trip departure