Chile Volcano Ski Touring + Splitboarding Adventure Trip
Volcano ski touring in southern Chile is a must do bucket-list adventure for any serious backcountry touring enthusiast. If you’re looking for the best splitboarding and ski touring in Chile, there’s no better expedition than our Chile Volcanos Backcountry Tour. Our experts guide you deep into the Andes to ski Chile’s classic volcanoes; Volcano Lonquimay, Volcano Villarrica, Volcano Lanin, and Volcano Quetrupillan. This guided randonee skiing and spiltboard journey will take you to some of the most pristine and advanced backcountry terrain in south Chile. A place PowderQuest proudly has called home for over 20 years. After full days of volcano skiing + snowboarding, you’ll settle into comfortable lodges, refuel on locally sourced dinners and sample iconic Chilean red wines.
- Professionally guided adventures on 4 snow drenched Chilean volcanos
- Soak in volcanic mineral hot springs after an adventurous day of skiing and splitboarding
- Discover southern Chile’s stunning landscapes and old growth forests, including the Araucaria; beautiful living fossils known as “monkey puzzle trees”
- Immerse in the friendly local culture of Pucon; Chile’s adventure capital
- Delicious regional cuisine and red wines- fresh trout, wild boar, veggies, handmade empanadas, pastel de choclo and Merkén spice created by the Indigenous Mapuche
- Fly into Temuco, Chile (ZCO airport) by 9:30am
- Meet PowderQuest ski guides and group
- Drive to Volcano Lonquimay through the sacred lands of the Indigenous Mapuche
- Take in the landscape of expansive farmland, natural reserves, and thermal hot springs
- Check into hotel on the base of the volcano at Corralco Ski Resort
- Mountain and avalanche safety introduction
- Warm-up with lift accessed off-piste runs as well as short touring options to get our ski legs back after the summer off
- Group dinner at hotel with local Chilean food and wine
- Group breakfast at hotel
- 2 full days ski touring the local backcountry + weather permitting, a summit of Lonquimay Volcano
- Take advantage of the hotel's spa, pool, gym, and nightly activities
- Group dinner at resort with local Chilean food and wine
- Group breakfast
- Pack-up, check-out of Corralco
- Travel to Pucon, bordering Lake Villarrica
- Conditions permitting, ski 3 volcanos: Lanin (12293 ft), Villarrica (9317 ft), and Quetrupillan (7743 ft)
- Touring climbs to volcano craters, see epic panoramic views of the Lake District and smoking active cones in the distance
- Post ski, enjoy thermal hot springs, mountain town cafes, pubs, and authentic local food at our select favorite restaurants in Pucon
- Breakfast at hotel
- Pack up, check out, return to Temuco
- Catch afternoon/evening return flights to Santiago
- Adios Amigos!
Is This Trip For Me?
Experienced ski tourers and splitboarders welcome. This trip requires previous backcountry touring experience and individuals who are physically up for the challenge and craving for adventure. The volcanic terrain will be varied, steep, and slightly technical. Expect a mix of powder, ice and corn snow.
Make sure our Backcountry tours are for you via the Trip Finder Quiz
- 2 full-time guides, certified by the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA), the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG), or the Argentine Mountain Guide Association (AAGM)
- lift tickets for Lonquimay Volcano
- private ground transportation
- all trip logistics
- avalanche and mountain safety review
- comfortable lodging, private bath
- daily breakfast
- authentic dinners
- Chilean red wine
- mineral water
- travel insurance
View or download the packing list
Your 4 star ski-in, ski-tour out home for 3 comfortable nights tucked away under a canopy of monkey puzzle trees and stunning views of Volcano Lonquimay. Hotel features spa, sauna, pool + gym and nightly activities at the bar.
In the heart of downtown Pucon our comfortable bed and breakfast is our home for 4 nights. Centrally located with walking access to cafes, bars and the town's cultural markets once we are off the mountain.
Book Trip Now
Ski the most dramatic terrain in the southern Andes. Reserve your spot on this epic Volcano ski tour today.
Pricing Details at a Glance:
- $3999 per person, based on twin or double share occupancy, private bath.
- Solo Travelers: Will be paired with another same gender guest in a twin share room, private bath.
- Privacy Please: Ask about our limited number of single rooms available for a $695 upgrade.
- Payment: A $600 deposit is required at time of reservation. Final payments are due 90 days before trip departure.