Chile Backcountry Skiing + Snowboarding Tour: Termas de Chillan to Corralco
Welcome to southern Chile’s best lift-assisted backcountry skiing and snowboarding- Nevados de Chillan and Corralco ski resorts. With so many options for backcountry touring that what you see from the ski lifts barely skims the surface of the potential adventures. Home to some of the country’s most stunning landscapes, the region is replete with lush green pastures, dense forest, and majestic snowcapped volcanoes, some of which remain active. Our Chile backcountry adventure will introduce you to two of the region’s most beautiful volcanoes, Lonquimay and Chillan. The trip is designed for advanced skiers and snowboarders seeking backcountry touring terrain, with guides who really know where to find the goods. Off the slopes, warm southern Chilean hospitality, muscle relaxing hot springs, delicious food and outstanding wine offer the perfect way to unwind after daily adventures.
- Ski-in / tour-out lodges at Chillan and Corralco with hot springs and spas
- Immerse in the friendly local culture of southern Chile while taking in the dazzling views of Chile’s Jurassic-like forests and volcanoes
- 2 certified ski guides leading you to stellar off piste exploring and backcountry touring on classic Chile volcanoes
- Embark on a beautiful road trip through Indigenous Mapuche farmland and small villages as we travel from Chillan to Corralco
- Fly into Concepcion, Chile (CEP airport)
- Meet the group at 3:15pm
- Travel to Nevados de Chillan ski resort
- Check into Hotel Alto Nevados
- Mountain safety introduction
- Group dinner at the hotel
- Group breakfast buffet at hotel
- Ski touring and split boarding out of the resort and on the volcanoes
- Afternoons relaxing in the outdoor hot springs or comfortable hotel living areas and bar
- Group dinner at resort with Chilean red wine
- hotel check out
- road journey south to our next destination; Corralco Ski Resort
- hotel check-in
- afternoon skiing
- dinner at the hotel
- daily breakfast buffet
- 2 days of backcountry adventures beyond the ski resort
- relax in the hotel's spa and pool
- dinner at the hotel with red wine
- hotel check out
- morning skiing
- farewell to the group and guides
- transfer to Temuco airport (ZCO) for your flight to Santiago
Is This Trip For Me?
Designed for adventurous and advanced skiers and splitboarders keen on the best off-piste terrain at the resorts and backcountry touring. You will want to be in good physical shape, up for adventure, including the possibility of summiting some volcanoes if conditions allow.
Make sure Backcountry tours are for you via our Trip Finder Quiz
- full-time, certified, bilingual guides with expert local knowledge
- lift tickets
- private ground transportation
- all trip logistics
- avalanche and mountain safety review
- comfortable ski-in / tour-out mountain lodging, private bath
- daily breakfast
- Chilean red wine
- mineral water
- travel insurance
View or download the packing list
Corralco Ski Resort
Ski-in / tour-out hotel located at the resort’s base and nestled in an ancient monkey puzzle forest with panoramic views of the Lonquimay Volcano. The hotel is modern and stylish, with a spacious lounge warmed by large fireplaces. Plenty amenities for off-slope relaxation including a gym, spa with indoor heated pool and outdoor hot tub offering breathtaking views of the volcano.
Nevados de Chillan
Alto Nevados was built sustainably using recycled wood and using naturally sourced geothermal water to heat. The hotel is ideally located at the base of a lift. The hotel features an attractive wood-and-stone décor, but what makes it really special is the “hot springs” outdoor pool with natural mineralized water. Rooms all have a private bathroom, and there is a small gym and spa.
Book Trip Now
Explore 2 of the most dramatic volcanoes in the southern Andes. Reserve your spot on this epic tour today.
Pricing Details at a Glance:
- $4999 per person, based on twin or double share occupancy, private bath.
- Solo Travelers: Will be paired with another same gender guest in a twin share room, private bath.
- Privacy Please: Ask about our limited number of single rooms available for a $595 upgrade.
- Payment: A 20% deposit is required at time of reservation. Final payments are due 90 days before trip departure.