Chile Snow Adventure
Welcome to Chile’s backcountry skiing Mecca! With so many options for touring that what you see from the ski lifts barely skims the surface of the potential skiing and riding in Chile’s southern region. Home to some of the country’s most stunning landscapes, the region is replete with lush green pastures, dense forest, and majestic, snowcapped volcanoes, some of which remain active. Our Chile Snow Adventure will introduce you to two of the region’s most beautiful and rugged volcanoes, Lonquimay and Chillan.
The trip runs for 7 nights / 8 days, and is designed for advanced skiers and snowboarders seeking backcountry touring terrain that is lift-accessed, with guides who really know where to find the goods.
Off the slopes, warm southern Chilean hospitality, muscle relaxing hot springs, delicious food and outstanding wine offer the perfect way to unwind after daily adventures.
Airport: Temuco, Chile (ZCO)
Pick-up Location: Temuco airport (80 minute connecting flight from Santiago)
Pick-up Time: 3:30pm
Airport: Santiago (SLC)
Drop-off Location: Santiago Airport
Drop-off Time: 5:00pm
- Fly into Temuco, Chile by 3:30pm
- Meet the group
- Drive to Volcano Lonquimay through the lush landscapes of south Chile
- Check into lodge on the base of the volcano at Corralco Ski Resort
- Mountain safety introduction
- Group dinner at the hotel
- Group breakfast buffet at hotel
- Ski touring out of the resort and on the volcanoes
- Afternoons relaxing in the spa or comfortable hotel living areas and bar
- Group dinner at resort with Chilean red wine
- breakfast buffet
- hotel check out
- backcountry touring out of the resort
- road journey north to our next destination; Nevados de Chillan
- hotel check-in
- dinner at the hotel
- daily breakfast buffet
- 3 days of backcountry adventures beyond the ski resort
- relax in the hotel's thermal hot spring pools
- dinner at the hotel with red wine
- hotel check out
- road journey north to the Santiago airport
- farewell to the group and guides
Is This Trip For Me?
Designed for adventurous and advanced skiers and splitboarders keen on the best off-piste terrain at the resorts and backcountry touring. You will want to be in good physical shape, up for adventure, including the possibility of summiting some volcanoes if conditions allow.
Make sure Backcountry tours are for you via our Trip Finder Quiz
- full-time, certified, bilingual guides with expert local knowledge
- lift tickets
- private ground transportation
- all trip logistics
- avalanche and mountain safety review
- comfortable ski-in / tour-out mountain lodging, private bath
- daily breakfast
- Chilean red wine
- mineral water
- travel insurance
- lunches and snacks
- gratuities to PowderQuest guides
Corralco Ski Resort
Ski-in / tour-out hotel is located at the resort’s base and nestled in an ancient monkey puzzle forest with panoramic views of the Lonquimay Volcano. The hotel is modern and stylish, with a spacious lounge warmed by large fireplaces, and there are plenty amenities for off-slope relaxation including a gym, spa with indoor heated pool and outdoor hot tub offering breathtaking views of the volcano.
Nevados de Chillan
A chic, cozy hotel, the Alto Nevados was built sustainably using recycled wood and using naturally sourced geothermal water to heat. The hotel is ideally located at the base of a lift. The hotel features an attractive wood-and-stone décor, but what makes it really special is the “hot springs” outdoor pool with natural mineralized water. Rooms all have a private bathroom, and there is a small gym and spa.
Book Trip Now
Ski the most dramatic volcanoes in the southern Andes. Reserve your spot on this epic tour today.
Pricing Details at a Glance:
- $4699 per person, based on twin or double share occupancy, private bath.
- Solo Travelers: Will be paired with another same gender guest in a twin share room, private bath.
- Privacy Please: Ask about our limited number of single rooms available for a $595 upgrade.
- Payment: A $600 deposit is required at time of reservation. Final payments are due 90 days before trip departure.