Peace of Mind with PowderQuest
We want to make things as risk-free for you as possible.
Introducing our Peace of Mind Program applied to our scheduled guided trips:
2019 in South America
2020 in Japan
1. Guaranteed Departures
Scheduled guided tours are guaranteed departures. Unlike other tour operators, we will never cancel a trip due to low numbers.
Once you book your spot, the trip is going!
This allows you to start preparing for your trip right away, worry free.
Guaranteed Departures Details
- Our trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. We reserve the right to cancel scheduled trips on our calendar with zero guests, therefore you must book with PowderQuest before making your travel arrangements. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your PowderQuest booking.
- PowderQuest cannot be held responsible for departures that are canceled due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to natural disasters, political instability, terrorist activities, or strikes. Therefore we strongly urge you to purchase trip insurance.
- If we feel it would be unsafe to run a trip as scheduled, the trip is cancelled and we give you a spot on another departure of the same trip, or a full credit to use towards any of our other trips.
- On rare occasions we may have 3 or less guests sign up for a trip. In that case, we will operate with 1 guide.
2. Risk Free Booking Window
After paying your trip deposit, you can cancel at anytime during the first 10 days after booking and get a 100% refund. This allows you time to arrange vacation days, etc. and not have to worry about someone else taking your spot.
If you do need to cancel, simply let us know and we will refund your deposit.
Risk Free Booking Window Details
- Your deposit is paid in US dollars, your deposit refund will also be paid back in US dollars and will not account for any fluctuations in currency or fees charged by your bank or credit card company.
- The 10 day Risk Free Booking Window applies to deposits made 100+ days before the trip departure date. For deposits paid between 100 and 91 days before the trip, the Risk Free Booking still applies, but the window becomes shorter as final payments are collected 90 days before the trip. For example: You pay your deposit 96 days before the trip. You have 5 days risk free to get a refund on your deposit.
3. Lifetime Deposits
We understand that sometimes it’s necessary to change or delay your travel plans.
PowderQuest makes it simple for you to postpone your trip before final balances are collected, and unlike other travel operators, we’ll never charge a change fee.
Lifetime Deposits Details
- Your deposit becomes a Lifetime Deposit after the 10-day Risk-Free Booking Window. Lifetime Deposits are valid up to the 91 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Your Lifetime Deposit does not expire and can be used for any available future guided trip. You may also transfer the deposit as a gift to a friend.
- A Lifetime Deposit can be granted once per client. If a client needs to cancel a second time, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Transfer of deposit as a gift is valid on new bookings only.
- Lifetime Deposits are not refundable in cash.
- Private customized adventures may be exempt from Lifetime Deposits.
- The value of the Lifetime Deposit is the amount of the original deposit. If the deposit requirements of the new trip being booked are higher, the difference must be paid in order to confirm the booking.
- Lifetime Deposits cannot be combined and are limited to one per tour booked per person.
- Not redeemable with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- Our Lifetime Deposit cannot be used to rebook the same tour at a discounted price.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy for Scheduled Guided Trips
South America 2019 and Japan 2020
$600 USD deposit at time of booking.
Final payments are collected 90 days before your trip.
Full payment is required for bookings taken 90 days or less from the trip.
Our lifetime deposit policy is applied up to 91 days before the trip.
Cancellation fee within 90 days:
61-90 days prior to departure: 50% refund
31-60 days prior to departure: 25% refund
30 or fewer days prior to departure: 100% Cancellation Fee
Our cancellation policy is strict. We urge you to purchase trip cancellation/ interruption insurance.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for additional details.