7 Lakes Off-Piste
If Patagonia powder is calling your name, this trip is the answer. 8 days of guide-lead advanced off-piste and backcountry skiing in the heart of the Andes. Including two full days of snow mobile accessed backcountry descents in one of the area’s wildest private haciendas.
Let our guides lead the way to the best snow at Cerro Chapelco, known for it’s more than 2,400 feet of vert. and backcountry filled with large bowls, gullies, steep chutes, and expert terrain. And don’t miss Cerro Catedral, South America’s largest lift accessed terrain known for high quality tree skiing and plentiful off-piste options. Finally we top off the adventure with sled accessed backcountry at Mallin Alto!
Off the slopes, we’ll check-out the unforgettable mountain towns, Bariloche and San Martin, and enjoy some of the best restaurants and nightlife the region has to offer.
We get you deeper into the Andes and explore all the 7 Lakes area has to offer with our expert PowderQuest guides.
Airport: San Martin de Los Andes (CPC)
Pick-up Location: San Martin airport
Pick-up Time: 5:00pm meet guides
Airport: San Carlos de Bariloche (BRC)
Drop-off Location: Bariloche airport
Drop-off Time: 11:00am
- Fly into San Martin de Los Andes
- Meet PowderQuest ski guides and group at the airport at 4:30pm
- Check in downtown hotel
- Group meet-and-greet
- Welcome dinner at favorite locally owned San Martin restaurant
- Group breakfast at the hotel
- Drive to Chapelco Resort
- Find the best snow on the mountain, on and off piste or backcountry
- Return to San Martin hotel
- Check-out the gorgeous glacier cut lake, or wander the town’s shops and cafes
- Group dinner in San Martin
- Group breakfast
- More exploring at Chapelco
- Pack up and check out
- Drive through Patagonia’s 7 Lakes area passing waterfalls, lagoons, old growth trees, and snow capped peaks
- Arrive in Bariloche
- Check-in to hotel
- Group dinner in select Bariloche restaurant
- Group breakfast at hotel
- Drive to Cerro Catedral
- Guide lead extensive off piste and backcountry turns
- Return to Bariloche
- Group dinner in town
- Night owls explore craft brew pubs, local bars, and dance clubs
- Group breakfast
- Pack up and check out
- Another day of stellar off piste and backcountry in Cerro Catedral
- Evening drive to Patagonia backcountry adventure in Mallin Alto
- A fleet of 4x4 trucks, Snow Tracs, and snowmobiles take us deep into the Andes
- Fording rivers, dirt roads, old growth forests
- Dusk arrival at Mallin Alto’s backcountry dome lodging (2 night stay)
- Home cooked Argentine group dinner
- Group breakfast in the domes
- A fleet of snowmobiles and Snow Tracs help us access thousands of acres of untouched snow
- Guide lead extensive backcountry turns
- Return to Mallin Alto’s domes for all-you-can-drink wine and beer
- Watch the sunset over Patagonia in the hot tub
- Group dinner authentic locally sourced food
- (End of day seven, return to Bariloche hotel + farewell dinner)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Morning shuttle to airport
- Schedule return flights after 12:00pm
- Extending your trip? No problemo. Check-out our suggestions in "FAQ’s" below
Is This Trip For Me?
Recommended for adventure hungry advanced skiers and snowboarders only. We’ll take you deep into Patagonia’s backcountry for endless adventures and free refills on summer freeriding-stoke. Expert guide lead to guarantee you’re getting the best of the 7 Lakes region.
Make sure Advanced Off-Piste is for you via our Trip Finder Quiz
- 2 full-time, certified, PowderQuest guides
- private ground transportation
- lift tickets
- 2 full days of snowmobile lead backcountry
- comfortable lodging with private bath
- 2 nights in backcountry domes, shared bath
- daily breakfast
- dining out at select restaurants in San Martin and Bariloche
- home cooked breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinners and all you drink wine and beer at Mallin Alto
- malbec red wine
- mineral water
- travel protection insurance
- lunches and snacks (except in Mallin Alto)
- gratuities to PowderQuest guides and Mallin Alto staff
Located in the center of San Martin, just 20 minutes from Chapelco, the Patagonia Plaza hotel has top rate amenities: heated pool, private baths, alpine decor, large windows, and sweeping views of the surrounding area. Easy walking to all our favorite restaurants in town. WiFi and breakfast buffet included.
You’ll immediately feel taken care of by Hotel Las Marianas owners and hosts. Walking distance from Bariloche’s main downtown district and plaza, this hosteria has everything you need to get away. Breakfast buffet, locally crafted hot chocolate, daily homemade pastries, bar, and massage services. Free Wifi internet.
These rustic yet comfortable accommodations are backcounty at it’s best. Complete with wood stove heated dome rooms and futon bedding. Great food, free flowing wine and beer. Bathrooms are shared. WiFi and cell phone coverage is not available so bring a good book, get to know the friendly staff and enjoy unplugging in authentic Patagonia.
Book Trip Now
Expert guided. Almost all inclusive. Patagonia’s off piste and backcountry summer turns await. Reserve a spot today.
Pricing Details at a Glance: (in USD)
- $4,499 per person, based on twin or double share occupancy, private bath
- Solo Travelers: Will be paired with another same gender guest in a twin share room, private bath (shared bath in Mallin Alto)
- Privacy Please: Ask about our limited number of single rooms available for a $495 upgrade (no singles at Mallin Alto)
- Payment: A $600 deposit is required at time of reservation. Final payments 90 days before trip departure