Original post: March 13, 2020
Updated: January 18, 2021
The updated post below addresses PowderQuest’s guided trips 2021-2022
As we all continue the unprecedented challenges surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we hope you and your loved ones are safe. We are so thankful you are with us and appreciate that you’ve chosen to trust PowderQuest for your next guided snow adventure.
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions and updated terms and conditions aimed at relaxing our booking requirements for those booking or considering booking a guided trip with us in 2021-2022.
What if I am considering booking but am hesitant?
All guided trips listed on our calendar are scheduled to run as planned in 2o21 and 2022.
We encourage you to go ahead and book. We have fully refundable deposits for new reservations giving you peace of mind that no one will take your spot and gives you time to see how things pan out over the coming months.
Travel should be enriching and an opportunity to escape anxiety, not create it. We pledge to work with you should situations to change or cancel your trip arise. Please reach out to us with any questions.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
Any cancellation must be made in writing. The date on which PowderQuest receives the written cancellation will determine the charges (if any) applicable.
71+ days prior to trip: Our updated Risk Free Booking and Life Time Deposit Policy is applied.
Risk Free Booking Policy
Applies to new bookings received on or after May 12, 2020
After paying your $600 trip deposit, you can cancel for any reason up until May 1, 2021 for guided South America trips and until October 1, 2021 for Japan and select one of the following options:
- 100% deposit refund
Move to another date during the same season or credit your payment toward any trip next season in the same country/region
For cancellations made by Client between the above mentioned date and 71 days before your PowderQuest trip, your deposit becomes a Lifetime Deposit.
Lifetime Deposits Details
- Lifetime Deposits are valid up to the 71 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Your Lifetime Deposit does not expire and can be used for any available future guided trip. You may also transfer the deposit as a gift to a friend.
- A Lifetime Deposit can be granted once per Client. If a Client needs to cancel a second time, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Transfer of deposit as a gift is valid on new bookings only.
- Lifetime Deposits are not refundable in cash.
- Future trips may have updated Terms and Conditions and Client will need to agree to any updated terms before starting the trip.
- Private customized adventures may be exempt from Lifetime Deposits.
- The value of the Lifetime Deposit is the amount of the original deposit. If the deposit requirements of the new trip being booked are higher, the difference must be paid in order to confirm the booking.
- Lifetime Deposits cannot be combined and are limited to one per tour booked per person.
Cancellation fee within 70 days of trip:
61-70 days prior to departure: 50% refund
31-60 days prior to departure: 25% refund
30 or fewer days prior to departure: 100% Cancellation Fee
What happens if PowderQuest cancel trips?
As mentioned we plan on operating all trips on our calendar. With the roll out of vaccines we are optimistic travel will return this summer. We will reevaluate the situation on June 1, 2021 and provide updates.
Should PowderQuest cancel your trip, your full payment will be credited towards your choice of any available trip next season in the same country/region.
Should I book my flights now or wait?
Should you prefer to book your flight now, check with your airline regarding flexibility and your travel insurance provider to see what is covered. Here is a master list to all major airline’s current policies. In addition, many guests opt to book “Cancel For Any Reason” Travel Insurance. More on this here.
Are you offering discounts on trips?
Looking forward to a brighter future
Over our 2 decades in operation we have faced 9/11, SARS, global recessions, Swine flu, Zika, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. COVID will pass, we will come out stronger as a company and look forward to sharing our future adventures together.
For now stay safe, keep positive, make intelligent decisions by gathering information from trusted sources.
Best to you and yours,